Sunday, November 10, 2013

First Yakson House Visit

Hey y'all, yesterday I went to my first out of ten sessions of Golki small face therapy. When I arrived at Yakson House I was greeted by their friendly staffs, especially Mr. Choi. He is the manager of Yakson House's Manhattan branch. He was really funny and super nice. It was a little difficult to communicate since I don't speak Korean but the staff made me feel comfortable. The spa isn't very big and not fancy but it has a very cozy and comfortable feel. 



They started me off with a back massage which was a little painful but it's also my first time getting a back massage so I was expecting a little bit of pain. Please excuse my hairy arms, I haven't had time to epilate. 
After the back massage I was given a face massage. This part was the most relaxing and almost put me to sleep. The stones were both hot and cold and the feeling of a hot stone gliding down your face and then a cold stone to close your pores felt really good. 

After the facial massage they did a molding of my face. They do this on the first and last session so you can compare the out come after ten sessions. I am really excited to see and compare my molds at the end of this treatment. The thing I also liked about this mold is, as it starts drying up it gets hotter. After the molding came the painful part.I have read reviews about how painful the bone therapy is and I was a little scared going in for the massage. I have a very low tolerance for pain and I can say yes this was painful but the pain was not unbearable, beauty is pain. I was also told that the first session is the most painful and the proceeding sessions would be less painful. Here's a video so you guys can see what he does:
        
            
Here's where they store some of the many molds.This is Mr. Choi, the Manhattan branch manager. He was the one that did the Golki small face therapy on me.They also have some photos of famous Korean celebrities that visited Yakson House. I'll take some close up photos of the celebrities next time.Here is me after my first facial session. My face is a little swollen in this photo. As of right now, it is still a little swollen and sore. Mr. Choi told me that my face will be swollen for a few days. And I will keep you all posted with the progress of this therapy and feel free to comment below or email me if you have any questions! 
Want to visit Yakson House?

38W 32nd St. #601 New York NY 10001
212-564-7474


Thank you for reading!

Love,
Angela



2 comments :

  1. Nice place :)

    New Post Up: http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/2013/11/ootd-plaid-dress-from-oasap.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see the before and after!

    ReplyDelete