Monday, August 19, 2013

Eyebrow Nightmare



Yay!! Finals are over, it's time to party! I apologize for being M.I.A due to work and class. I can now breathe a sigh of relief. Today's post will be different from my usual fashion posts. I will talk about eyebrows "dun dun dun." I started waxing my eyebrows since I was in middle school and as time went by they got thinner and thinner. I use to get my brows done at a local nail salon and at that time I thought she did an acceptable job but one day my usual brow lady wasn't there and I allowed another woman to clean my brows for me. I knew my brows would never be the same. But looking back at photos before this incident I never realized how thin my eyebrows were. Here are some photos of my eyebrows in high school (How embarrassing are these photos of myself which are more than 4 years old… oh how I've changed):



Look how thin these brows are! Blehh!

I have struggled for a long time to regrow my brows but you can say I'm at peace with my brows now. I still have tiny bald spots that need more time to grow back. After realizing my brows were thread thin I became obsessed with thick brows and tried to grow them back. I was dreaming for brows like Camilla Belle and Lily Collins.

My brows have definitely come a long way since two years ago. I went a year without doing anything to my eyebrows and in the beginning I was ducking and hiding because my brows were growing in all the wrong places. The parts where I wanted the hairs to grow weren't growing due to the damage of my hair follicles after many years of waxing. After a while I knew I had to accept the fact that I will look like a caveman for a long period of time in order to achieve those thick, full brows that I have been longing for.

Below are the two products that I have seen the most results with growing back my sparse and patchy brows:
1. Castor Oil: It nourishes your eyebrows and make them thicker and fuller
2. Minoxidil (Rogaine): Promoted regrowth on bald patches and made them thicker (it can be a little drying after using it for a long time)

I apply the castor oil at night and in the morning I applied minoxidil on my brows so I am balancing both of the products therefore my brows don't get too dry. 

It's also very important to find someone that you can trust with your eyebrows. About a year ago I found someone that I can trust and felt comfortable with allowing her to touch my brows.

Here is her information:
Zyra 
Benefit Cosmetics

454 West Broadway

New York, NY 10012

(212) 769-1111

Do you guys have any bad brow experiences? Share them by commenting below. 

Thank you for reading!

Love, 
Angela 


No comments :

Post a Comment